Saturday, June 18, 2011

A BUSY JUNE...

PLAY DAYS with Cailyn are always fun and busy...making cookies...
 Talking on the phone...
 Coloring and using "washable markers"!
 Playing with "janga" blocks...
 Grandson LANDON is a joy and full of giggles, coos and smiles these days...
Mimi found these CUTE sunhats on sale at Toys R Us, so Cailyn's daddy is modeling one too!

 Cailyn is a trying to "help" little brother grasp the toy!
 Besides enjoying my grandchildren, I was able to have a special day with my daughter, Alissa, this week.  We had fun shopping for "treasures" at exclusive stores like GOODWILL and SAVERS!!  We also went to DSW and JOANNE'S FABRICS, plus lunch at Paradise Bakery. Yum!!
Here are three bargain books I found at Goodwill that will be good additions to our school library. 
 And here are treasures I found to keep at my house for the grandkids...I spent $5.00 on all these...and promptly brought them home to launder and scrub!  But they are good as new now!
 I promised myself to spend time reading daily...and so far this summer, I've kept that promise.  On our shopping day, I was very excited to get the LAST autographed copy of HEXED at the Dana Park Barnes & Noble of local author Kevin Hearne's book.  He is also a good friend of Alissa & Alan.  HOUNDED is the first book in his series, and the setting for this urban fantasy is Tempe, AZ. 
 I have also read this book...recommended to me by my good friend, Susie.  Her girlfriend is the local author of this fun "cupcake bakery mystery series" which takes place in Scottsdale.  It's a very fun read!


Now I'm reading a more difficult book by local author and English professor at U of A.  It reads almost like a journal, with beautiful prose and vocabulary.  It is a very personal narrative about the author's life-changes after suffering a snakebite near his Tucson home.

Last, but not least, there are no pictures, (thank goodness), of my exercise classes at the YMCA.  I'm enjoying the "jump start" circuit class where the class of "silver sneaker ladies" work on different weight machines, and I am trying to go to the Yoga Stretch class once a week...good for relaxation and breathing correctly!

2 comments:

  1. Time flies when you're having fun! We did find some GREAT treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a great time! Wish I could join you for the exercise classes! I need them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete