Thursday, August 4, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VINCE!!

August 5th is a day to celebrate....my husband's birthday.  He wears many hats: brother, brother-in-law, nephew, son-in-law, husband, dad, uncle, great-uncle, cousin, friend, and last, but not least, grandpa!  He likes baseball caps, and fishing hats, but you'll never see him in a golf cap.
On Sunday, July 31, our Arizona children gathered here at home for a family meal to honor their Dad for an early birthday celebration.  He requested one of his favorites, so I made homemade manicotti shells (crepes) on Saturday, and made meatballs/sausage in the Italian gravy on Sunday.  Vince likes to make the sauce, so I certainly appreciate his help!  After dinner we made an attempt to photograph "Grandpa" with Cailyn and Landon.  I probably took a dozen photos; Mike was snapping pictures too.  Here is my "best shot" and it's just "ok"!  Landon has a great smile, but whenever I get ready to snap the picture, his expression changes.  I think he sees the red eye reduction light go on! Cailyn's at the age where it is either the toothy grin or she is a moving target...looking away as I take the photo! Vince enjoyed one of his favorites for dessert; I made his Mom's Ice Box Cake and we all enjoyed that.  It's so easy: chocolate pudding, bananas, and graham crackers.  Yum!
Today, we will find ourselves enjoying dinner after work at Joe's Real BBQ in Gilbert...it's one of the local restaurants that gives you $10 towards your dinner on your actual birthday!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VINNIE!!  I LOVE YOU!!                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment