Saturday, June 30, 2012

JUNE "JABBER"

I'm not sure where the month went, but it's officially gone!  I filled it with doctor appointments, errands, cleaning out cupboards, but more importantly, filled it with extra time with friends, family and my grandchildren!
Monday nights, we worked on sewing projects, lead by my sister Terry for direction and inspiration! Here Jen is working on her self-designed fabric make-up brush storage roll.  Alissa is working on a reversible apron.

Time to try new recipes and cook together.  Here Alissa is showing me her fresh-baked beirocks!  Jen, Alissa and I worked on these together one afternoon, after a shopping adventure to "Last Chance" in Phoenix!  Thanks for including me in your busy lives!

Recently, I met my good friend, Susie, at this museum hidden away in Papago Park in Tempe.  I was so impressed with their displays, and is definitely worth the $5.00 adult admission.  In fact, Susie had free passes for us to use that day, and we especially wanted to view the Arizona Bicentennial Quilts.  Most of the quilts on display were antiques and hand-stitched, all with some "history" in Arizona.  We enjoyed a two-hour visit, browsing the many rooms, seeing the history of Baseball in Arizona, the original "Bob's Big Boy" restaurant statue, Wallace and Ladmo displays, and a Sandra Day O'Connor room. Susie and I ended our time together at "NCounter", a newer breakfast/lunch place on Mill by the light-rail...NCounter is owned by the same family who owns TCEggington's in Mesa.  The food was delicious! Thanks, Susie, for a fun outing!
After departing the Museum, driving East on Curry Road, I was shocked to find another "change".  Life is full of changes, but sometimes the changes seem sudden.  The above photo is the view from Weber (looking southeast) at what used to be "Lewis Camera Exchange"...yes, the shopping center has been razed.  Below is the view from Curry looking north.
Not sure what will be done with this property, but the location makes it very valuable, and time will tell what will be next...
Friday mornings found me enjoying extra time with these darling grandchildren.  We worked on puzzles and enjoyed snacks together.  Playdough, dress-up, coloring and painting, building a road for the mini-cars and trucks.  Landon and Cailyn both enjoy listening to music and dancing...


Tea Parties with "Bella", playing "restaurant,"

swinging, bubble-blowing, and last, but not least, running through Mimi's turtle sprinkler to get cooled off!

Believe me, I was in that sprinkler too to keep cool!! I've also had the chance to eat lunch with Mike a couple times, driving over to downtown Scottsdale.  He knew about this cute deli called "The Cider Mill"..where they actually brew their own rootbeer and cider, and the food is delicious. I appreciate the extra one-on-one time while I'm off this summer!

Last but not least, I've been reading and listening to books.  This past week, my friend Colleen and I went to a book talk at Dobson High auditorium.  We enjoyed seeing and hearing Jodi Picoult and her daughter speak and read excerpts from their first book jointly authored, entitled BETWEEN THE LINES.  After the talk, Jodi and her daughter signed books, and the copy I purchased will be donated to the Sklyine HS Library.  Colleen then treated me to DQ on the way home...that "blizzard" has carried me through another week of dieting!  Thanks, Colleen!

Well, June and my "jabber" must come to a close.  I wonder what July will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment