Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Downsizing to a new home

A lot has happened since my last post, but better take a few moments to write some notes, before I forget, before I go clean a closet, before I pack a box, before....

Vince and I have been thinking about and looking for a different house since last fall.  We ran into a major stumbling block last spring, but are on a roll again now.  We waited until some new housing developments opened in September, and now everything seems to be falling into place.

We found a floorplan we both like at Marbella Vineyards in Gilbert, about 7 miles south of where we live now.  It is a Shea Home, and when our realtor took us to see the models, we happened on to a spec home that we liked and the property has a nice backyard view.  Downside: we will be commuting farther to our work locations, and Vince has to condense his 3-car garage into a 2-car garage. ;-(  Upside:  ranchstyle, no stairs, new updated kitchen and flooring, less house to clean, and less yard to maintain.

We will be listing our current home where we've lived for 14 years in early November.  It's been a great house and a nice neighborhood, and we will miss all the great storage areas we have in our current home.  However, it is not only time to downsize our home, but it is time to sort and clean out all the stuff we have accumulated too! That's part of the "downsizing" process!
 Front of the new home under construction in Marbella Vineyards.
Back patio area of the new home.
Alissa was able to go to our Design Center appointment to help us choose carpet, tile flooring, countertops, bathroom tile, etc.  A few days later, Jennifer accompanied us to "approve" the granite for our kitchen at Arizona Tile Co. in Tempe.  That was quite an experience!

As progress is made, I will post a few more photos....hopefully I will be able to take a break from the packing and cleaning!

2 comments:

  1. So exciting ! I hadn't realized how sad I was to be moving away from having my sister in our neighborhood and now we'll be within walking distance again! I'm so excited for you! Now if we can just get thru the moves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! So excited for you and to have such experts along to help make design choices, it takes the worry out of the decision. Everything looks great! Can't wait to have you closer to ME and my family! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete