Saturday, May 15, 2010

OUR SUNFLOWER SEEDS

Today seems like a good day to talk about sunflower seeds. (I promise the sunflower theme won't last forever!) Vince and I have been very blessed with wonderful children. As parents around the world will agree, each child is a unique individual, not to be compared with any other. Jennifer, Alissa and Michael, in turn, have married three individuals who have not only expanded our family circle, but have added their own unique personalities. After our grandchild was born, Cailyn Grace is such a blessing to all our lives! (By the way, does this make Cailyn a "grand-seed" or a "seedlet"??) It's always a challenge for parents to "let go" but this should be the goal when raising children. We want our children to have roots, but we want them to know how to fly on their own! The empty nest has been a big transition for me...

Here is our family's photo taken in late March, before Jen and Joe moved to Florida.

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture you gave me, it's framed and on the shelf ! I think seed-let is kinda cute ! In fact she's the cutest seed-let I've ever seen !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture! It turned out great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great pic! Everyone looks very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete