Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!


"And I’m proud to be an American,where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me."– Lee Greenwood

Today, we reflect on those men and women who have lost their lives in service to our country. May God Bless and keep them.


My Memorial Day weekend included an evening with Alissa and Alan. We relaxed before dinner with margueritas (Yum!) and they served delicious sausage and pepper sandwiches and special mixed green salads.

Their kitties entertained us, and while we watched a movie, we enjoyed rootbeer floats! (Another Yum!) It was a "red letter day" for me as their shy Diego jumped up on my lap and actually let me pet him...a first for both of us! ;-)

And here is Sancho, being playful and cute!
This morning, we met Alissa and Alan, Mike, Corissa and Cailyn for a delicious breakfast at Joe's Farm Grill in Gilbert. The weather was cool at 8:30 so enjoyed the picnic atmosphere!
Here is Cailyn showing her innocent "cuteness"! What a joy she is!!


After breakfast, everyone came to our house for a relaxing visit. My parents joined us at 10:30 and enjoyed seeing their great granddaughter and grandchildren. I put lunch on the table by 11:30 so Cailyn would be home for her naptime. It was a memorable Memorial Day for me!



4 comments: