Monday, June 7, 2010

Harvest Time

Vince and I have always had a garden, and in Arizona, that means gardening is a hobby we can enjoy most months of the year because our growing season is long! Vince has the green thumb, so he does the planting. I help with weeding and harvesting the produce. Thought I would share a few photos of this year's garden.



Green bell peppers, which Vince likes to leave on the plant until they turn red and sweet!


Next we have our tomatoes!




Would anyone like to make a "caption" for the next photo? These are the first tomatoes harvested in May; I've never seen a tomato with a nose!!

Next we have our first baby Serrano pepper...isn't he cute?? Not sure how spicy he'll be...anybody have a recipe using Serrano peppers? I'd love to hear from you.

Last, but not least, this plant definitely needs a caption! I call this our "Rosemary, gone wild!"

I'm not sure how we should tackle this plant!


3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were growing serrano peppers! We would love to try one. However, I do not want the tomato with the nose. I have a phobia of food with arms, eyes, or other body parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so good ! You have the perfect place in your side yard for an AZ garden ! Those red peppers almost look fake, so pretty !

    ReplyDelete