Thursday, June 17, 2010

BARGAIN SHOPPING

One of my hobbies is bargain shopping. I NEVER buy anything unless it's on sale, and I really enjoy "the hunt" of a good buy! The problem with shopping during my time off in the summer is that there is no paycheck, so bargains are absolutely essential! Vince's idea is probably smarter: I should just stay home! He is NOT a shopper and doesn't relate to my hobby! :-)

During my first few weeks off, I've been doing spring cleaning (I always do spring cleaning in June...guess I should call it summer cleaning!) Before Jen moved to Florida, she reorganized my pantry, which then inspired me to clean out my linen closets and bathroom cupboards. Alissa inspired me recently with her organized shoe storage, so I went on a bargain hunt! The results are shown here:

I realize I'm "behind the times" but I am so excited to have my shoes in see-through shoe boxes...purchased at the DOLLARTREE. I love dollar stores because you can find useful things and pay a buck for each item! Now my shoes will be dust-free, and notice the EXTRA room on the one shelf?? I didn't have extra room before...so does this mean I can shop for MORE shoes now to fill up that space? I think so!!
I also cleaned Vince's shoe shelves. One problem: his shoes won't fit into these nice see-through boxes, so his shoes will have to remain uncovered on the shelves. I'm sure you all notice that the numbers of shoes and shelves for Vince are minimal compared to Marcy's shoes and shelves. I think it's definitely a gender difference, don't you?

3 comments:

  1. You inspire me, maybe I should do that to clean up the mess in my closet !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shoes! Your closet looks great. Maybe we can go to DSW to fill in those spaces!

    ReplyDelete