Friday, December 24, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALISSA!!

Today is December 24th, Christmas Eve, AND our Christmas Angel's birthday!! Alissa Noel came into the world at 5:20 a.m. on the 24th of December, 1980.
That means today is our middle child's 30th birthday! Alissa came into this world with a mind of her own... and a heart full of love and compassion for other people. Faith-filled and independent, until we were in crowded places, and then she clung to me like glue! She's gotten over the "clinging" part over the years, but it's a great memory for her mother! Here she is as a 4-year old ready for preschool one morning!
She was always a girl who changed her mind about what to wear 3 times in the mornings before going out the door...I'll check with Alan, but my guess is that she still does that! ;-) She loved dance, but wanted no part of brownie scouts after one year...here she is ready for a recital at age 6 1/2
As a child, she tended to be "shy" and more of an introvert, having just a few special friends throughout her school years. Alissa has blossomed into a young woman who speaks in front of groups of people, teaching painting techniques and color seminars for Sherwin Williams. Alissa is very focused on pursuing her dreams. Her sense of fashion and color were definitely not inherited from me, but she has always loved colors and has a great flair for interior design. If you haven't had the opportunity yet, please check out Alissa's "twitters" and "from me to you" on her GGRS website. OMG! There are some great fashion tips, "Friday favorites", photos and DYI projects that Alissa has posted on her blog.
Alissa, I wish you the happiest birthday ever...You deserve the Best! love you!

3 comments:

  1. Awww...I love this Mom! Thank you so much. Today has been a great day! I really do have the BEST family. Love you! WOW...I'm 30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can remember that day 30 years ago, I stayed up all night waiting for the phone call and baking pies for Christmas day, couldn't sleep cuz I knew you were coming!!!! happy Birthday to you, you are the best niece there could be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes she does :-).

    Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete