Sunday, December 19, 2010

PREPARING FOR...

Since my last post, December arrived and in a flurry of activity, Advent is almost over already. It is a time of preparation....to prepare ourselves for the gift of Jesus Christ's birth into this world. It is certainly a special time of year, filled with many traditional activities to be enjoyed. I find myself sometimes going through the motions, and this year I have tried to step back and really think about each activity and how meaningful it can be. Decorating early was a big help this year, as Vince and I were hosting early Christmas celebrations for both of our extended families.
I'm a shopper, so I LOVE looking and finding the perfect gift for loved ones. By the way, the GGRS Gift Guides are a great tool in keeping track of gift ideas for loved ones! Check it out! ;-)http://ggrightsize.com/Baking this year took a backseat until this coming week. Since I'm now officially on "Winter Break" from work, I hope to get a little traditional baking done! Wrapping gifts is another favorite of mine...years ago when my children were small, gift wrapping was always done during the "midnight hours" when I was half asleep, so this week I hope to relax and enjoy the process. Savor some hot tea, listen to Christmas music or watch a classic Christmas movie will add to the enjoyment.
I have enjoyed practicing with the choir every Thursday night at our church, learning all the music! I feel very blessed to prayerfully sing praises to God! If you need to feel inspired, traditional Christmas carols sung from the heart will do the trick! Last, but not least, I love writing Christmas cards and my annual letter...maybe due to the fact that I love receiving cards and letters. Hearing from loved ones each holiday season is such a blessing. Speaking of cards....I better get started on those! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment